Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Of Mice and Men Quiz 10 questions

Quiz for Of Mice and Men 10 Questions


1. Which events could have happened if George didn’t kill Lennie?
Lennie, George, and Candy could have all escaped and worked somewhere else until they could afford their own ranch.

2. How was when Lennie killed Curley’s wife, similar to when he killed the puppy?
It was the same, because he did all of that by an accident, Lennie is generally a nice person and when he killed Curley’s wife and the puppy he truly did make and honest mistake that he felt really sorry about afterwards.

3. Can you compare your relationship with your best friend, with the one presented in Of Mice and Men?
Like in Of Mice and Men I have a best friend as well, I do depend on her for a lot of things, such as advice about things, whether it’s about whom I associate myself with or what I wear for the next day. I really trust her judgment and I take her opinion very seriously, and she feels the same way when it comes to me. I feel as though our relationship is the same as in Of Mice and Men, except I don’t and she doesn’t need me to take complete care of her, we are both very independent in our own way.

4. Can you explain what must have happened when Lennie was a child to make him feel the way he does about animals and soft things?
I feel as though when he was living with his Aunt Clara, she did everything for him and just gave him anything to make him obey her, and I think that one day she may have given him something very soft and he may have finally found what he liked and she decided to stick with that. Eventually as time went by he kept rubbing soft things and found animals to be soft, his aunt let him keep rubbing the animals whether he killed them or not, just to keep him quiet which eventually would lead to him killing Curley’s wife because of everything that happened in his life before he met her.


5. What were some of the motives for Curley acting the way that he did with Lennie and George?

I think Lennie intimidated Curley because he was a lot larger than Curley was. Curley was a very small man with anger problems, and I think that he looked for anything just to have a reason to get mad. I don’t think that he had as big of a problem with George as he did with Lennie; do to the fact that George was an average size man who could only do average size man work. I just really believe that Curley had a problem with him based solely on his appearance.


6. Do you know another instance besides in Of Mice and Men where someone was killed accidentally?


In the book Native Son, the main character Bigger Thomas killed his bosses’ wife by an accident. Both Lennie and Bigger didn’t mean to do it, but they did and they both did it out of fear of what would happen to them if they were found out to be doing something that they weren’t supposed to be doing. So even though the stories are completely different in their own way they still ended the same with the murderer dying in the end.


7. What factors would you change if you could go back in time and talk to Lennie, before Curley’s wife’s murder?

I would tell Lennie to stay away from her, because if he touched her something bad would happen and he wouldn’t be able to tend the rabbits. This would be to save Lennie, George, Curley’s wife, and Candy. If he didn’t kill her then Lennie would have stayed alive and Lennie, George, and Candy would have one day been able to buy the farm they wanted and dreamed about.


8. Can you apply the method used to some experience of your own, with what happened to Lennie?

One time like any other kid, my mother told me not to do something, I did it anyway and I wound up getting into trouble because of it. Lennie was told by George to stay away from Curley’s wife, and even though he tried, he wound up being around her, where after sometime he killed her by an accident and then he had to pay the consequences. Which brings me back to if he would have just listened to George and stayed away from Curley’s wife, he would have still been alive and so would she, and they could have gotten the farm that they always wanted in the first place.


9. What questions would you ask of George, if you could meet him?

If I could meet George, the questions that I would ask him, would be:
1. What really made you decide to take care of Lennie?
2. If you knew what you know now about how Lennie’s life would end, would you do anything differently, if so what would it be?
3. After you shot Lennie, what was going through your head?
4. Why didn’t you just run away with Lennie again, like you did before?
5. Why didn’t you let Curley and his boys shoot Lennie, why did you feel as though you had to be the one to do it?
6. If you could say only one more thing to Lennie, what would it be and why would you say that?


10. Could the death of Lennie have happened if, he didn’t kill Curley’s wife?

I am not sure, but I do think that it was bound to happen in the long run, based on the fact that wherever they went Lennie always got them into trouble. If it wasn’t Curley’s wife, it might have been someone else’s’ wife or daughter, or another close family member. So although, it was unfortunate the way that he and Curley’s wife had to die, I do think that if wasn’t Curley’s wife it definitely would have been someone else.

No comments: